So, you’ve been working with Atlassian products for a while now and you’re having fun. You’ve done about everything you can do with the Atlassian products within your current employer, but you want to continue to advance your Atlassian skills and experience. You want to gain experience with more of the Atlassian products, have the chance to work with a variety of deployment options. You want to build things, get them to the point they are stable and move on to build the next thing.
As a member of Coyote Creek’s Atlassian Team, you will work with teammates on a wide range of projects at companies anywhere from startups all the way up to Fortune 100 and everything in between. Our clients are the best and brightest in Silicon Valley, the US and the World, in a wide range of industries and level of maturity. Use your skills to do what you love, get things to a stable state and then move on to the next challenge! Work is primarily remote over VPN, so you will need a reliable internet connection. Some travel may be required, but probably no more than once per quarter and less than 5% total. You’ll be working on and collaborating with a distributed team with members across the US and Canada and may need to adjust your working hours to suit North American time zones. The team works with IT, Engineering, Operations, and a wide range of other business teams on the implementation of, migration to and operation of Atlassian’s applications. It’s an exciting space and the way teams use Atlassian’s tools is ever changing and evolving.
(a combination of the following would be desirable)
- Experience with Atlassian applications such as Jira, Jira Service Manager, Confluence, BitBucket, and popular 3rd party Apps, both in Cloud and behind the firewall.
- Experience with customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Project experience with greenfield installations, upgrades, conversions from competing applications, combining instances, or cloud migrations.
- Experience cleaning up messy implementations, eliminating duplication, rationalizing the system, and aligning teams to use best practices.
- Scripting skills – Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language), automate tasks with scripts, write simple API scripts, experience creating loops, arrays and other scripting functions to simplify repetitive tasks.
- Experience working in a software team’s Software Development Life Cycle, including agile methodologies. Not necessarily writing code, but experience with how software teams move through their process.
- Deep understanding of how various teams use issue trackers, wikis, source control systems, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to use deductive reasoning to identify possible sources of a problem and then work toward a solution.
- Database experience – Not necessarily a DBA, but understanding of databases, knowledge of SQL, performance tuning for popular database technologies, ability to look at complicated database schemas and search for data, database clustering and replication.
- Awareness of and experience with various virtualization technologies and Cloud providers.
- Ability to build a case to support your findings and convince other, including senior management to make changes based on your technical and business process recommendations.
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to listen to and appreciate ideas and opinions that differ from yours.
- Values promptness, even in environments that do not.
- Ability to speak formally to executive management as well as the ability to joke with individual contributors.
- Able to share your experience and knowledge and convince others based on data.
- Ability to listen to requirements, formulate a plan forward and sell your concept to stakeholders.
- Willingness to get outside your comfort zone and learn new things. Know no fear!
- Able to serve as a Project Lead when working in a team of multiple engineers.
- Consulting experience a plus!
All employees receive excellent benefits which include Health, Dental, Bonus and 401K.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 – $130,000.00 per year
Send in your resume to apply now.