The Atlassian Client Success Manager’s (CSM) primary purpose is to operate as the primary lead engineer for our ongoing, subscription-based Atlassian application services engagements for a set of Coyote Creek Clients.
Specifically, the CSM is accountable for delighting Clients by helping them optimally leverage their investment in Atlassian products by identifying and driving closure on smaller (non-project) work-packets.
The CSM works with additional named and/or shared resources to uncover new ways to leverage Atlassian products that meets or exceeds their expectations.
As a member of Coyote Creek’s team, you will work with a wide range of clients anywhere from startups all the way up to Fortune 100 and everything in between. Our clients are the best and brightest in Silicon Valley, the US and the World, in a wide range of industries and level of maturity. This position is remote based, but some travel may be required up to ~5%. You’ll be working on and collaborating with a distributed team with members across the US and Canada and may need to adjust your working hours to suit North American time zones. The team works with IT, Engineering, Operations, and a wide range of other business teams on the management of Atlassian’s applications. It’s an exciting space and the way teams use Atlassian’s tools is ever changing and evolving.
Essential Engineering Skills
- Experience as an administrator with Atlassian applications such as Jira, Jira Service Manager, Confluence, BitBucket, and popular 3rd party Apps, both in Cloud and behind the firewall.
- Experience with customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Project experience with greenfield installations, upgrades, conversions from competing applications, combining instances, or cloud migrations
- Experience cleaning up messy implementations, eliminating duplication, rationalizing the system, and aligning teams to use best practices
- Scripting skills – Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language), automate tasks with scripts, write simple API scripts, experience creating loops, arrays and other scripting functions to simplify repetitive tasks.
- Experience working in a software team’s Software Development Life Cycle, including agile methodologies. Not necessarily writing code, but experience with how software teams move through their process.
- Experience with non-IT or Software development Atlassian use cases(HR, Facilities, Marketing etc) is preferred
- Passing at least one Atlassian Certified Professional exam is preferred
- 3+ years of Client-facing functional consulting is preferred
- Strong project management and task/time co-ordination is required
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
Essential CSM Duties and Responsibilities
- Client Advocate: Be an advocate for your Client and take necessary actions to achieve desired outcomes. Continue to communicate back to the Client what actions are being taken to current success criteria and next steps. Be the primary point of contact for Clients’ requests. Advocate as needed with other Coyote Creek services teams to drive favorable outcomes for Clients.
- Engagement Management:
- Lead intake of new Clients and develop a roadmap of priorities and implement based on the Client’s business goals.
- Manage ongoing priorities/tasks and provide regular status updates to Client.
- Maintain ticket hygiene, engagement tasks, manage time entry and associated approvals, ensure extended hours approval compliance.
- Maximize Client entitlements while ensuring significant value is derived.
- Identify and manage risks.
- Ensure seamless coordination as needed with other Coyote Creek services teams to drive favorable outcomes for Clients.
- Account Escalations: Support or respond to any alerts, red flags or account poor health. This can be directly from the Client reaching out or critical or overdue tickets or work packets.
- Renewals: Delight Client to ensure the service renewal at end of contracted term. Partners with Sales as expiration approaches to showcase historic and planned value.
- Compliance: Ensures all required service methodologies and processes are followed in accordance with the standards set forth by Coyote Creek.
- Promotes: Work closely with Account Executives to promote license and service expansions, including identification of potential Statement of Work based Projects for Coyote Creek services team, to increase Client lifetime value (CLV) of our Clients
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent listening skills is required! < Need to understand exactly what Clients require.
- Solid presentation skills, great at developing rapport with Clients including manager, director and VP level.
- Ability to recognize new business opportunities in existing account base
- Experience presenting to/facilitating meetings and group discussions
- Management or Lead experience is preferred